Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy happy CNY

You know, it doesn't always have to be a massive and grand celebration to make an occasion meaningful. Like this year, I'm sure many of you noticed the lack of atmosphere of the CNY celebration. But, I considered it as a time well spent, cauz it is the time spent with my families adn friends, which matters a lot to me.........

My grandma's house in Penang

Some random shots I took from the house

This flower planted by my grandma finally boomed after 25 years!!

My grandma

My friends and relatives preparing for the dinner


Our Reunion Steamboat






My bowl


My favorite Steam Chicken

Seems like a simple meal rit? It isn't no super delicious food or high-class cuisines. But the very thing that make me miss the meal to this day is the intimate fellowship that we had while eating the steamboat. The kind of love bond between the members of families that never could be expressed by words.

Now back in Alor Star ,I went to my Grandma's sister house............
Again the kind of happy reunion and best wishes from everyone that can only be experienced once a year.

All kinds of cookies

All kinds of food





While everyone was busy talking, joking and laughing,I silently slipped away into the porch and took some random shots.......





And I looked up into the blue sky.......

And I thought to myself : How many times do I forget the feeling of this kind of love bond in families? Life is short, like a flower quickly fading, a vapor in the wind. And I should try to cherish this special occasion, cherish this love in our families. Shouldn't you do the same?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A thoughtful and good perspective of Chinese New Year celebration. Thanks for the sharing.