Thursday, February 3, 2011

Long Time No See, blogspot.

Yep, it's Chinese New Year again and it's been a while since I last updated my blog =D
Anyway, if you look two post before, you'll see my writings about last year's CNY (Yeah, it's thaaaat long) Well, if you want to know why I haven't posted for so long, maybe this will answer you...
Yep, you've got it right. Now, I'm not trying to blame this social network thingy for anything, yet it is really the reason why I have no time for blogging. So now, I will compare some pros and cons of fb n blogss.

I actually started fb later than my sis did. I created an account, yet without any intentions of using it. "Then u create for what ar?" That was the Question my sis kept bugging me with, which was usually followed by my response: "I just don't understand what's so interesting about facebook. You see your notifications and you post a line or two, hoping for some person to like it. Then what? Play games???"
"Haiya, you don't know how to use ma..."
I shrugged. Well, I thought. If you want to say something, why don't you post it in your blog? It's surely a whole lot better because it doesn't have a limit of words and you won't have to announce to the whole world what you are doing. Little did I know that this was the thrill of the fb system.


Finally after a few months, I hooked up on facebook. I figured out it had lots of applications, among the ones I enjoy: Chat, Comments and Likes, Games, God wants you to know, groups. Another good one was writing a status. Now, a status is just a blank space for you to fill in words. What you feel, what you think and what you want to say. Then. after clicking the button "share", all your friends will be able to view it.
Initially, I was naive enough (so as I call it)  to really post some heartfelt thoughts and statements I feel would help others. Then people started commenting and liking. Now, that was when the "problem" came. Suddenly, I picked up the desire for my status to be noticed. (Don't you dare say you don't have this feeling before) I know it's normal. But yet the desire, or rather the longing grew even to the point of a kind of obsession.  

I still remember logging in every hour or so ,even on late nights to view my notifications and to see if people like or commented on my status. Gradually, I myself came to the point of liking other people's post without looking, began commenting without considering,  and posting things without pausing to think (Same feeling?).
I sometimes say things on facebook which I don't really mean or have a heart for, but just said it anyway so that more notice my status, the higher the thrill. And before I knew it, I was wasting my time in front of  the comp waiting for notifications to pop out. Without realising, 


 It became more important than  it should have been.

Then, I paused one day and asked myself. Is that really what I seek after? More people to like and comment on my status? To be the center of attraction? What use is this social network then, if it only consumes my time and eats up my soul?






Then after thinking, I set my objectives right for using fb again. It was simply to relax and interact with others in a casual way. Not striving after comments and likes. Just....having fun.



Haha, then there came some time to do blogging. XP




My dad once asked me "Do you know why all experiments start with an aim or objective?"
I shooked my head.
He replied, "Everything always has to have a purpose, an aim. When we do something, we need to know our aim in doing those things, or else it would be futile.


Futile....no avail.....useless

I know some of you may think: aiya, this guy...fb oni ma. Why think so much? Haha. Well, if so, I've reached my objective.
Today, I posted this facebook thingy, and talking about me setting my aim of using facebook right, for a reason. I hope we will understand the importance of aim and purposes. Whether we are handling a project, having a hard time managing our life, or doing something good but feeling unappreciated, or some other things, sometimes it's just good to just ask,

What am I doing this for ?
 It's good sometimes, to just question our purposes of doing things, the reason we're still doing what we're doing, our purpose in life before moving on.......

 




No comments: